AdVENTURE’s mission is to engage all students in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics through relevant, rigorous curriculum so they will be responsible, active, global citizens in the digital age. AdVENTURE has a culture of high expectations where students form safe and strong relationships with teachers, peers, families, and the community.
AdVENTURE’s vision is to be a school that provides students with the foundation for lifelong learning and resiliency, adept in the use of critical thinking tools and 21st-century skills.
- We believe that students learn best when they are active and engaged, therefore we use hands-on activities in our teaching and learning.
- We believe that students learn best when the lessons are relevant to them. We use problem and project-based learning to achieve relevance.
- We believe that technology is best learned when taught in conjunction with 21st-century skills (communication, collaboration, productivity, leadership, responsibility, accountability, social and cross-cultural skills, innovation, creativity, flexibility and adaptability, digital/media literacy).
- We believe that students should practice developing habits of heart and mind (Passion, Effort, Integrity, and Self-Motivation)
- We believe that knowledge is continuously made and recreated with multiple perspectives and new evidence, so we value critical dialogue in order to rethink knowledge and problems.
- We believe that people have a responsibility to actively participate in community improvement, so we integrate action projects that invite students to make a difference in the world.
- We believe that students learn best through self-reflection, therefore we provide students with specific feedback through rubrics to guide student reflection and goal-setting.